Terms & Conditions for Letting for Self-Catering Holiday Accommodation
1. BOOKING AND DEPOSIT – A provisional booking will be held for 1 week only. A deposit of one third of the total cost of the holiday booked is required for each reservation. Unfortunately, the deposit is not refundable in the event of cancellation by the visitor.
Cheques should be made payable to J & A Hampton.
On receipt of your reservation form and deposit the accommodation will be reserved (subject to availability) Confirmation of your holiday reservation and a receipt for the deposit will be forwarded to you within 14 days.
2. FULL PAYMENT – The balance will be due eight weeks before the start of the tenancy. No booking is finalised until the total payment, including damage deposit (see below), is received. If a booking is made for accommodation within eight weeks of the start of the rental period the full letting fee must be paid with your reservation.
We reserve the right to refuse or cancel any reservation without being under obligation to give any reason and accept no liability in respect of the refusal or cancellation. All monies paid for the reservation will be refunded in full and final settlement.
3. DAMAGE DEPOSIT – A returnable deposit of £100.00 is held against loss, damages, breakages and excess cleaning charges. The damage deposit will be returned after deductions, if applicable, within approx. 14 days, following receipt of keys.
4. CANCELLATION – Cancellations must be confirmed in writing and acknowledged by the owners. Bookings cancelled within eight weeks of the start of the tenancy become payable in full. If the property is re-let, then a 50% refund of the booking fee, plus the damage deposit will be returned. You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance to cover this eventuality.
5. TENANCY- The hire is granted under the 1988 HOUSING ACT for holiday accommodation and that no right to remain in the property exists for the client or anyone in the client’s party. Charge will be levied on guests staying beyond the time of vacation, £10 per hour min £50*
The property will be ready for occupation from 3 p.m. and must be vacated by 10 a.m. on day of departure*
6. NUMBER OF PERSONS – The property is available for four persons. The number of persons occupying the property is not to exceed this number unless by prior arrangement and confirmed in writing by the owners.
7. GROUPS OF SINGLE PERSONS – Parties of single person are not accepted by the owners. The property is intended for use by families or couples only.
8. CAR PARKING – The official car parking space for:
a) Sandbanks Cottage is situated at the rear of the property, near to the back gate. It is marked on the ground 86. Please do not park in any other numbered spaces as these are reserved for other residents. Use of the car park space or communal parking spaces is at the user’s own risk.
b) Fisherman’s View is situated at the rear of the property in a small parking area. Access to the car parking space is via Vallis Close. Turn into Vallis Close, then turn immediately right. At the end pass under the covered area (PLEASE CHECK HEIGHT RESTRICTION BEFORE PASSING UNDER). The parking space is on the left. It is marked on the ground 7. Please do not park in any other numbered spaces as these are reserved for other residents. Use of the car park space or communal parking spaces is at the user’s own risk.
c) Studland View is situated at the rear of the property. It is marked, on the ground 120. Please do not park in any other numbered spaces as these are reserved for other residents. Use of the car park space or communal parking spaces is at the user’s own risk.
d) Harbourside Lodge is situated outside the front door of the house. It is marked, on the ground 79. Please do not park in any other numbered spaces as these are reserved for other residents. Use of the car park space or communal parking spaces is at the user’s own risk.
9. RESERVATIONS – Reservations are accepted from Saturday to Saturday during July-September. Minimum letting period is one week. Maximum letting period is 28 days.
No reservation will be accepted from any person under, 21 years of age. Payment of the deposit assumes acceptance of the terms and booking conditions.
10. BED LINEN etc. – Duvets, pillows, tea towels, bed linen & towels are supplied.
11. PETS – We apologise for any inconvenience but we believe the property is unsuitable for pets.
12. SMOKING – For the comfort of our guests we operate a ‘No Smoking’ policy.
13. PERSONAL INSURANCE COVER/LIABILITY – Visitors are advised to arrange insurance cover against personal loss. The use of the accommodation is at the visitor’s risk and no liability will be accepted by the owners for injury to occupants, loss or damage of belongings.
14. KEYS - a set of keys will be sent to the address on the booking form a few days before your arrival. Please lock all external doors on your departure and post keys back in the return envelope supplied within 2 days. Loss of keys will incur a charge equivalent of that to change the locks and obtain new keys, payable by the visitor. If visitors become locked out during their holiday there will be a call out fee of £20 (Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm) & £35 any other time, PAYABLE IN CASH ON ARRIVAL OF THE KEY HOLDER.
15. BREAKAGES AND CLEANLINESS – The accommodation is made available for letting on the understanding that it is left in a THOROUGHLY CLEAN AND TIDY CONDITION at the time of vacation by the visitor. The visitor will be held responsible for any damage or breakages that occur. All waste (either general rubbish or re-cycling must be put in the appropriate bins.
If any breakages or damage occur, or the property is not left in a thoroughly clean and tidy condition money will be deducted from the Damage Deposit. Should the costs exceed the Damage Deposit, an invoice for the additional amount will be sent to the applicant, which must be paid within seven days. Failure to do so may result in legal proceedings.
16. GOVERNING LAW These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of England and you hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.